BiophysEco aims to inform public policy making by providing realistic and objective policy analysis and advice rooted in a biophysical reading of the economy. In order to reach its objectives and achieve its mission, BiophysEco carries out the following activities:
- Continuous monitoring and analysis of economic and scientific developments relevant to the field of biophysical economics, as well as of related political, social and financial developments.
- Production, publication and dissemination of high quality content, policy analysis and advice based on biophysical economics research.
- Provision of online resources, networking tools and platforms for biophysical economics researchers and research organizations.
- Communication and outreach towards policy makers and other stakeholders, including the scientific communities, industry and the general public.
- Organization of – and participation in – meetings, conferences and other networking and policy events.
BiophysEco’s work focuses on the following key areas:
- Value creation, productivity and economic growth.
- Societal metabolism and societal complexity.
- Biophysical constraints and financialization.
- Energy transitions and socio-economic change.
- Energy-water-food nexus.
- International relations, trade and security.